- Session III: Biology and mechanism of molecular chaperones – cont
- Chair: Amnon Horovitz
- 08:30-09:10George Lorimer, University of Maryland: Pre-steady state analyses of the chaperonin cycle
- 09:10-09:50Ron Unger, Bar-Ilan University: Do we really understand what makes proteins be GroEL substrates?
- 09:50-10:10Pierre Goloubinoff, University of Laussane: Chaperonins drive the ATP-independent catalytic unfolding of stable misfolded polypeptides but use ATP-hydrolysis to evict sticky inhibitory intermediates
- 10:10-10:40Coffee break
- 10:40-11:20Abdussalam Azem, Tel Aviv University: The unique properties of the human mitochondrial chaperonin system.
- 11:20-11:40short talk
- 12:00Departure for Conference excursion to Jerusalem.